[FRIAM] *-sovereignty

Jon Zingale jonzingale at gmail.com
Thu Oct 21 11:57:09 EDT 2021

"""
Could the verifier be allowed a global understanding using something
akin to homomorphic encryption, though?
"""

In some sense I would suppose yes for FHE, but the method of verification
in ZKP seems not to be. Again, you mentioned playing fast and loose with
the bindings. It would be great to really understand FHE systems better,
and there is always plowing through the Gentry paper or checking in on
how far Google has publicly gotten with it. From what I understand about
FHE, one encrypts some data (whole databases, perhaps) and then one can
operate on that data in its encrypted form via homomorphisms. Now one
can operate meaningfully on the data without having access to the data.
I would suspect it is necessary to present a limited DSL of homomorphic
actions to make this privacy truly work. One wouldn't want one of those
accessible homomorphic actions to be to simply decode the database.

"""
So, I would have said: Just like propositions participate in many
proofs, identities can employ many agents. But we're playing fast and
loose with our bindings. "Agent" often means the object/thing, whereas
"identity" means the attributes of that object/thing. So, maybe you
accidentally flipped that as you went along in the post?
"""

I am considering the bipartite (hyper?) graph at the top of Stephen's
earlier Wikipedia reference[ω]. There they use the word entity instead
of the word agent. I do mean many proofs for a proposition, for instance,
the proposition could be that there are an infinite number of primes.
A piece that I could easily be missing is in the "colorings" formal
analogy. There, do different formal proofs of a statement give different
colorings? Is there ultimately an isomorphism between possible proofs
and possible colorings? This part doesn't seem right to me, I would be
surprised. So, I know I am missing something.

[ω] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Identity-concept.svg