[FRIAM] *-sovereignty

uǝlƃ ☤>$ gepropella at gmail.com
Thu Oct 21 14:49:58 EDT 2021

Ah, thanks. So you were talking about robustness in both cases. Sorry for my confusion.

I suppose there's also some ambiguity in "global". Sometimes I use "non-local" to indicate information bound to the context, but where there are still encapsulated/opaque regions. And then "global" means *everything* is accessable, even if it's encapsulated inside some sub-region.

Your comment about colorings sounds like you're expressing doubt about univalence axiom. But, in my ignorance, it seems to rely on a singular definition of equivalence. For well-defined things like graph coloring, rules like "no adjacent color" seem to establish an unambiguous equivalence. But such things rarely obtain over dirty objects like humans (or even computing in the wild e.g. intrusion detection or forensics). As long as our authentication methods assume such tight equivalences, we'll be susceptible to adversaries.

A great example are these silly authentication apps. Sure, it's harder to steal one's authenticator creds than it is to capture one's SMS traffic. But the flaws are in the same category. The biggest joke is the big 3 credit agencies tendency to have you verify against your previous addresses ... or vehicles you've owned. Pffft. For those sites that make you select a series of personal questions, I pity the poor fool who answers them with actual historical facts from their life. If you're targeting me and you *don't* know my mother's maiden name, then you're a *terrible* hacker. 8^D

--
"Better to be slapped with the truth than kissed with a lie."
☤>$ uǝlƃ