[FRIAM] for the dog lovers

thompnickson2 at gmail.com thompnickson2 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 22 16:31:39 EDT 2021

Glen,

I couldn't see movement, but my eyes aren't great at detail, these days, so perhaps there was.

My understanding of dogs and training is that many dogs want to know what their job is.  When you train them, it gives them a job, and they take pleasure in accomplishing the job.  The treat, I would argue, is not so much a reward as way of communicating to the animal what the job is.   We had a dog once, which somehow got the idea that catching snowballs was his job.  He would do it until his gums bled.

Am I now responding to the point you were >>actually<<  making?

Nick Thompson
ThompNickSon2 at gmail.com
https://wordpress.clarku.edu/nthompson/