[FRIAM] Thread Bust: WAS: stygmergy, CA's, and [biological] development

Stephen Guerin stephen.guerin at simtable.com
Mon Oct 25 15:34:08 EDT 2021

Nick,

I put the standard Netlogo CA model set to rule 30 online here
https://redfish.com/models/CARule30.html

Hit setup or setup-random then go.  You can play with the rule set on the
left. Note as a binary bits, the CA number ranges from 0-255 depending on
which bits are switched on. Play with the show rules button too.

[image: image.png]

There are hundreds of others on the web, but the Netlogo version is easy
for Miles to download and modify. And, he can get into agent-based modeling
of so many other phenomena. We showed him a bit during his internship.
There's also slime mold aggregation example in netlogo of which I
previously posted Owen's agentscript.org version:

https://www.netlogoweb.org/launch#https://www.netlogoweb.org/assets/modelslib/Sample%20Models/Biology/Slime.nlogo

Stephen.Guerin at Simtable.com <stephen.guerin at simtable.com>
CEO, Simtable  http://www.simtable.com
1600 Lena St #D1, Santa Fe, NM 87505
office: (505)995-0206 mobile: (505)577-5828
twitter: @simtable
z <http://zoom.com/j/5055775828>oom.simtable.com