[FRIAM] Forum abuse! (was Revising the American Revolution)

uǝlƃ ☤>$ gepropella at gmail.com
Wed Oct 27 15:30:43 EDT 2021

How is what I wrote ad hominem? Suggesting you modernists might be suckered into a narrative? Calling you a modernist? Is "modernist" an insult? I just don't get it. Sorry.

Re: what cannot be said - There are no sacred cows. Anything can be written. SteveG does step in to moderate, but rarely. The real argument isn't about what cannot be written. It's about the appropriateness of this forum, this type of forum, for some *styles* of writing. Email fora are not well-suited to chatting. For that, use Twitter, IRC, Discord, Slack, Zoom, group texts, etc. That's what they're designed for. Some fora like Instagram and TikTok also tolerate chatting nicely. But it's ideally for pictures or short videos.

In this particular case, your "neener, neener, neener" meaning *might* have been clear to me had we been in a different type of forum, one suited to chatting. But this ain't it. And, in such a chat-friendly forum, it might also be more clear that my calling you a modernist was not an attack on your person ... though you may perceive it as such, I suppose.

Re: Frank's question of persons other than the participants reading these conversations - Let's ask the Eye of Sauron:

https://www.google.com/search?q=site%3Aredfish.com+thompson&client=firefox-b-1-e&sxsrf=AOaemvKCtwPlUCr4nkZpjQnEipMX_sWOoQ%3A1635362865987&ei=Mah5YZDiO9ja0PEPjPye6AU&ved=0ahUKEwjQvtK1qevzAhVYLTQIHQy-B10Q4dUDCA4&uact=5&oq=site%3Aredfish.com+thompson&gs_lcp=Cgdnd3Mtd2l6EAM6BwgAEEcQsANKBAhBGABQ6RBY6RBg-BJoAXACeACAAYsBiAGLAZIBAzAuMZgBAKABAcgBAsABAQ&sclient=gws-wiz

--
"Better to be slapped with the truth than kissed with a lie."
☤>$ uǝlƃ