[FRIAM] Unrecognized Thinkers

Jon Zingale jonzingale at gmail.com
Sun Oct 31 16:01:32 EDT 2021

"Ok, I’ll bite. Can’t digital effects mimic tube amplifiers, even by brand?"

I will have to think about what your question is. My mentioning of a
personal mentor was mostly an attempt to clarify what was meant by
"unrecognized" while also acknowledging a mentor, an impressive thinker,
and a wonderful human being. His personal work covers quite a lot.

That said, my impression of digital effects is that they mimic tube
amplifiers like a.i. mimics animals. It would take my post far afield to
enter another conversation about whether or not spin is inherently digital.