[FRIAM] Unrecognized Thinkers

Marcus Daniels marcus at snoutfarm.com
Sun Oct 31 17:20:03 EDT 2021

What remains from a life?   Perhaps a pile of money, but also the impact of those people on our thinking.  So my question what is that impact, indeed in principle, other than to name the person?   There was something special about how he approached (RF?) engineering?   How is this person different from say my grandmother who also taught me various technical and non-technical things? Presumably to move it from the local to the global, or from the subjective to objective, some unpacking is needed?

The original question also added this nuance of recognition?    It seems conceivable that one could have a huge impact on the thinking of many but get no significant credit.    Why does credit even matter?