[FRIAM] Unrecognized Thinkers

Jon Zingale jonzingale at gmail.com
Sun Oct 31 16:45:34 EDT 2021

"Why pursue an old way of doing things, if the new way of doing things
(solid state) can do it more accurately, with more control, and at less
expense?"

These discussions, to my observation, mostly turn into *in principle*
discussions. We could flood the list with the benefits of one technology or
the other, and boy, have I heard many many discussions of this type. I
often leave the discussion realizing that they aren't at all comparable.

So again, and not that it matters because the thread starter introduced a
bend, I was writing about a thinker that will go unrecognized much as he
has until this point. Another was a mentor I had in Pittsburgh named Tom
Bodziak. He was amazing. He died from brain tumors when I was 19, but when
I was 16-18 he mentored me tremendously. He was the first person to help me
decode the bands on a resistor and coached me through a full year of
robotics competitions at CMU (F.I.R.S.T).