[FRIAM] Calling Bullshit

uǝlƃ ☤>$ gepropella at gmail.com
Mon Sep 13 11:43:05 EDT 2021

On 9/13/21 8:14 AM, thompnickson2 at gmail.com wrote:
> Glen, I wonder what ACB thinks "pragmatism" is.   Holmes was a prime member of the Metaphysical Club with Peirce and James.  Was he a Judicial Pragmatist?  On Comey's account?  I would love to know.  Thing we have learned is that a besotted person is a besotted person first and last, no matter how intelligent they are.

Yeah, I thought her [ab]use of the term might trigger you. I think her usage is just fine. Were she at my pub, I'd ask what the difference is between being pragmatic and being "textual" ... those liberal justices are probably "postmodern marxists". Pffft.

On 9/13/21 8:14 AM, Marcus Daniels wrote:
> Being an 'originalist' is the sort of thing that bible school might teach one to do?

I don't think so, at least not in a naive sense. I've never been to Bible School. But my Church of Christ friend claims they were taught to "read through" the text, like a good modernist. So, they were very tolerant of metaphor. The grape juice and crackers were *not* actual blood and flesh. At least *some* subset of the protestants aren't batsh¡t.

--
☤>$ uǝlƃ