[FRIAM] the cancellation arc

uǝlƃ ☤>$ gepropella at gmail.com
Tue Sep 14 11:32:29 EDT 2021

On 9/14/21 7:38 AM, Marcus Daniels wrote:
> I sometimes wonder about these people that have thousands of connections on LinkedIn.  (Likewise for Twitter, etc.) I assume they are mostly strangers.
>
> The potential for contagion through that kind of network seems as risky as any benefit it may have.

Yeah, but it's not (I'm assuming) your network that dogpiles you. It's the furreners who get a tiny scrap of data, out of context, that dogpile you. I suppose, the more barely-know-them people you have following your feed, the more likely something you say will be taken out of context and passed on. The Reddit group:

https://www.reddit.com/r/HermanCainAward/new/

has some interesting stories like that.

On 9/14/21 7:40 AM, thompnickson2 at gmail.com wrote:
> I salted away the thought that most of Mill's ON LIBERTY concerned EXTRA legal repression.

I'm not sure it's "most" ... I don't even remember it being "much". But I haven't read it since college. Maybe I'll take another look.

--
☤>$ uǝlƃ