[FRIAM] the cancellation arc

Steve Smith sasmyth at swcp.com
Tue Sep 14 19:39:52 EDT 2021

Glen-
> Ha! Well, not for me. I'm a technophile. Even more important than drug-induced experiences are those induced by other technologies like transcranial magnetic stimulation, which I don't regard as fundamentally different from connectivity drugs. Implants would be even better for interacting with that hairball of [intero|proprio]ceptive feedback loops that compose consciousness as well as pain.

I've been dabbling with transcutaneous electro neural stim and electro
muscular stim (TENS/EMS) primarily for pain and rehab (Mary's recent
back/leg pain/dysfunction), trying to work it into the VR/AR simulacral
artifacts I already fiddle with in Visual/Aural/CheapHaptics.

The accessibility of VR/AR gear (HUD/HMD/GPU/CPU) has already overshot
my wildest dreams of a couple of decades ago   I fiddled with EEG
pickups 20 years ago but it was too early or at least there was a
metaphorical impedance mismatch of sorts. I've NOT dabbled with
transcranial magnetic stimulation...   I don't even know if it is
accessible.  I am curious (guardedly hopeful) that these things are
maturing at a pop/commercial level faster/better than at the
professional level.   There may well be a crowd-sourced ensemble
exploration underway right now.

Regarding your /muscaria/fly agaric/ aspirations, I'm hearing something
more like homeopathy or law-of-similars since the "fly" in /fly agaric/
comes from etymologically the habit of using it to poison flies by
infusing it in milk to attract flies.    Maybe this is entirely a
tangent (most of my observations here *are* tangents?).

- Steve