[FRIAM] the cancellation arc

Steve Smith sasmyth at swcp.com
Thu Sep 16 15:13:53 EDT 2021

On 9/16/21 10:40 AM, uǝlƃ ☤>$ wrote:
> Ha! Yeah, CBT has mostly been replaced by ACT these days. And there's plenty of reasons to classify animals into somatic versus cognitive. Mindfulness, like CBT, is limited. Yoga spans them, with its typical practice. I was recently forced to learn about Somatic Experiencing®, and had to point out that RCTs show no efficacy on pain, but significant efficacy on PTSD. As "hard" as KSR is, my guess is he didn't tease out the character/circumstance to cover all the possible permutations.

I think I took a mild bitch-slapping a few (more) threads back in the
weft over my "casual" use of the acronym of BLM, with several taking
issue of the ease of conflation with Bureau of Land Management.

I'm not bitch-slapping here myself, just exhibiting my PTSD-trigger and
wondering if I will bother to dump KSR/RCT/ACT through a search
engine?   I do love a good TLA myself, so maybe I will dive down that
rabbit hole (or up the gyre of falcon/falconer
<https://www.poetryfoundation.org/poems/43290/the-second-coming>).