[FRIAM] the cancellation arc

thompnickson2 at gmail.com thompnickson2 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 16 18:08:15 EDT 2021

Steve,

Yes.  I like your example of idio-giggles.  Yes, I have seen that happen, although never experienced.  Going to have to do a rethink about how I describe the phenomenon.  In fact some of the most persistent cases of The Giggles I have ever been around are cases where the Giggler finds it further funny that nobody else in the room gets the joke, and so, the more the group pleads for an explanation, the more the Giggler is incapacitated.

You encouraged doug in that path!  Tsk! Tsk!  And here I thought you were a Friend of Noodling.

Somewhere, in John Brown’s Body, Benet gives Lincoln a soliloquy in which he speaks of ambition as a ring put round a tree, which, if not expanded, will ultimately kill the tree.  If video games are not examples of the principle that the voyage IS the destination, I don’t know what is.

Thanks for writing, Steve.

Nick Thompson

 <mailto:ThompNickSon2 at gmail.com> ThompNickSon2 at gmail.com

 <https://wordpress.clarku.edu/nthompson/> https://wordpress.clarku.edu/nthompson/