[FRIAM] Can a robot have a soul?

Frank Wimberly wimberly3 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 18 23:46:17 EDT 2021

*Frank, did you study with John Searle in the 60s at Cal?*

I never took a course from him but, as Nick and I have mentioned, he was
important in the Free Speech Movement as a mediator between the
Administration and the leaders of the Movement.  As such I heard him speak
on multiple occasions.  I was a philosophy major for a time but I took
logic and history courses that were required for the major before I changed
to math.

Nick's complaint that he didn't know whose side he was on seems like a good
quality for a mediator.

---
Frank C. Wimberly
140 Calle Ojo Feliz,