[FRIAM] "epistemic status"

uǝlƃ ☤>$ gepropella at gmail.com
Wed Sep 29 09:26:02 EDT 2021

Do you know what you know?
A Confidence Calibration Exercise
http://confidence.success-equation.com/

"After answering each of the true/false questions below, indicate how confident you are in your answer using the corresponding slider. A value of 50% means you have no idea what the right answer is (the same probability as a random guess between the two choices); a value of 100% means you are completely confident in your answer."

It seems to present the same questions each time, which is a shame. I'd love to try it fully alert. But my attempt at 4am, with an irritating headache, turned out this way:

Mean confidence: 61.60%
Actual percent correct: 78.00%
You want your mean confidence and actual score to be as close as possible.
Mean confidence on correct answers: 63.59%
Mean confidence on incorrect answers: 54.55%
You want your mean confidence to be low for incorrect answers and high for correct answers.

Quiz score
39 correct out of 50 questions answered (78.00%)
27 correct out of 38 questions answered with low (50 or 60%) confidence (71.05%)
5 correct out of 5 questions answered with medium (70% or 80%) confidence (100.00%)
7 correct out of 7 questions answered with high (90 or 100%) confidence (100.00%)

--
"Better to be slapped with the truth than kissed with a lie."
☤>$ uǝlƃ