[FRIAM] The Starship and the Canoe

Merle Lefkoff merlelefkoff at gmail.com
Sun Aug 7 11:55:45 EDT 2022

One of my favorite books, Jochen.  It was written by Kenneth Brower, David
Brower's son. For those of you in a different generation, David was one of
the founders of the environmental movement in the 70's and founded many
organizations, including Friends of the Earth.  However, he made one fatal
mistake in his career.  He had the authority to help make the decision to
trade Glen Canyon for Dinosaur National Park (never having visited Glen
Canyon).  I knew David well, and he never got over what he had done.

On Sun, Aug 7, 2022 at 9:16 AM Jochen Fromm <jofr at cas-group.net> wrote:

> In a small shop in Tofino on Vancouver Island I spotted a nice book named
> "The Starship and the Canoe" about George Dyson and his father. Apparently
> George lived for a long time in a tree house in British Columbia while his
> father was thinking about building atomic rockets that could reach Mars.
> Interesting book.
>
> -J.

> https://bit.ly/virtualfriam
> archives:  5/2017 thru present