[FRIAM] Isness: Using Multi-Person VR to Design Peak Mystical-Type Experiences Comparable to Psychedelics

thompnickson2 at gmail.com thompnickson2 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 8 10:17:27 EDT 2022

Roger,

Many years ago, during my very brief weedy period, I was with a group of people who wanted to smoke pot, but had none.  I suggest that we “enact” it: i.e., do everything we would do if we had pot, but  without the pot.  You know, the passing  of the toke, the avoidance of burning the fingers, the squinting, the sucking, the oh wowing, etc.  It went very well, so well in fact that some participants became uneasy and opted out.   During that same time, we had a friend who would behave badly at restaurants after a few glasses of wine.  We plotted against him, substuting our empty glasses for his full one so he had the impression he was drinking much more than he actually was. The embarrassing behavior went ahead anyway.   N

Nick Thompson

 <mailto:ThompNickSon2 at gmail.com> ThompNickSon2 at gmail.com

 <https://wordpress.clarku.edu/nthompson/> https://wordpress.clarku.edu/nthompson/