[FRIAM] Advice sought: data compromise

thompnickson2 at gmail.com thompnickson2 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 11 21:24:09 EDT 2022

Hi, everybody,

Sorry for  the bother.

A local health care company writes me to say they have compromised all my
identity data, and offers to pay for "Kroll Monitoring Services", giving me
an ID number with which to log into their site.  When I do this, the site
fills in my correct address and last name but an incorrect first name, and
asks me to enter all my identity data.  At this point, I begin to
contemplate that the notice itself may be a fraud.  I eventually find Kroll
on the web, but it wasn't all that easy.  None of the sites that evaluate
credit monitoring services has it.  How do I extricate myself from my cage
of distrust?

Nick

Nick Thompson

ThompNickSon2 at gmail.com <mailto:ThompNickSon2 at gmail.com>