[FRIAM] "tech" companies suck

glen gepropella at gmail.com
Mon Aug 15 08:53:19 EDT 2022

It's an interesting question. Someone posted a poll on a Mastodon server recently, something like "What is it you want from all this stuff? (E.g. Twitter, Facebook, ...)" The possible answers were things like "Friendship", "Connectedness", etc. There was an "Other", which I filled in. I wrote something like: "The state of the world. When I was younger, I read the newspaper and watched the daily news on one of the big 3 networks. Now, it feels like everything's all fractured. TV news is for ancient, out of touch people. The newspaper is neither local, nor does it tell interesting national or international stories. So, I use these media, like 12-20 different outlets just to get some sense of the state of the world."

I wish I had a better answer to "where do you find this stuff". It can be exhausting trying to stay informed. Fora like FriAM help a bit.

--
ꙮ Mɥǝu ǝlǝdɥɐuʇs ɟᴉƃɥʇ' ʇɥǝ ƃɹɐss snɟɟǝɹs˙ ꙮ