[FRIAM] "tech" companies suck

Roger Critchlow rec at elf.org
Mon Aug 15 11:31:45 EDT 2022

I've lately run into two mentions of "group chat" as the organizing
principle of social media for the day.  You keep different groups for
different purposes, and you don't let social media into the chat.  I think
Friam actually functions as a group chat, aside from google scanning
everything.  But technically it's a Gen-Z thing, so we obviously don't know
what we're doing.

It was a neighbor group chat that busted the Ted Cruz Cancun getaway plan
in February 2021, while Texans froze to death or were bankrupted by spikes
in electric rates.

-- rec --