[FRIAM] Fourier image space, duality, filtering and compression

Jon Zingale jonzingale at gmail.com
Wed Aug 17 23:22:15 EDT 2022

Ed,

FWIW, we did discuss Gibb's phenomenon quite a bit and how JPEG compression
could be understood as a manifestation of the uncertainty principle. I
would love to have a copy of your notes from the summer short course at the
institute for optics. Also, I would like to pick your brain about
interpolation methods. I have a project where applications of either
Hermite, b-splines or possibly Chebyshev polynomials would give me a nice
speed up when applied as a preprocessor for a discrete cosine transform.

Cheers,
Jon