[FRIAM] For Steve Smith eta all re gadgets reviewing

Gillian Densmore gil.densmore at gmail.com
Wed Dec 21 13:45:15 EST 2022

You nailed it that the note 10 is basically a phablet.  lol I am probably
the wrong person to ask about modern terms. FWIW I don't think reviewers
use that. But ya know what? I know what you mean and that's what counts.
and yeah man sharing it forward is one of the things that's becoming a lost
art. Man back in the day me and my buds exchanged games and gizmos a ton.
lol sure their was some (a lot ) of the dubious sneaker netting with games
or whatever being burned to CD. But their was some amount of: "Oh hey dude
this monitor/keyboard/computer part isn't for me- you can have it for that
other thing you don't want/like/need" I think in school I had a ton of
random keyboards, coax wires and what not from that. A lot of time it was
also at LAN parties "you can borrow (or bumb*) my thingy if I can have a
extra stick of ram of yours to play (game here)"
Their is a small but vocal and growing contingent codre of people demanding
keyboards on phones again. So I am holding out a lot of hope they'll
comeback.  A huge part of the issue is momentum, companies charging a
bajillion dollars for cameras and "influencers" drooling on just that.
Meenwhile regular reviewers going: the UI/UX is fudge awful but made better
an external KB sony, apple, samsung someone? make that so!.

And also yeah: on the side note: Bingo. I meen, I figure the odd times I
need (or want?) a QOL thing, and is possible I'll do refurbed on GP. A
fraction of the cost. and I feel better for it to do my bit to buy the
environment time from ewaste.
*Now I wonder where the slang: Bumb something off of someone comes from.
Like bumb a ride, or bumb a few bucks from someone for a snack.