[FRIAM] Complexity, Ottawa and Nanotechnology (was Re: Struck me as funny)

Stephen Guerin stephen.guerin at simtable.com
Mon Jan 24 14:12:57 EST 2022

Merle,

I'm no expert but here are some writings

I trust Philip Ball as a science writer that distills well and doesn't add
mushy fluff:
https://academic.oup.com/nsr/article/8/6/nwaa266/6009035

There's some debate on using the framework of Complexity as an appropriate
lens for nanotechnology (I only where one pair of sunglasses)
referencing Laughlins "A Different Universe: Reinventing Physics from the
Bottom Down"
https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/046503828X

reviews:
https://physicstoday.scitation.org/doi/full/10.1063/1.2138425
http://www.softmachines.org/wordpress/?p=104

As an aside, we're working with wildfire folks in:

Aviation, Forest Fire and Emergency Services (AFFES)
Ministry of Northern Development, Mines, Natural Resources and Forestry
Government of Ontario

Your Dean at U of Ottawa may be interested in how we're applying complexity
in his province.
Stephen.Guerin at Simtable.com <stephen.guerin at simtable.com>
CEO, Simtable  http://www.simtable.com
1600 Lena St #D1, Santa Fe, NM 87505
office: (505)995-0206 mobile: (505)577-5828
twitter: @simtable
z <http://zoom.com/j/5055775828>oom.simtable.com