[FRIAM] war footing

Steve Smith sasmyth at swcp.com
Wed Mar 2 18:24:24 EST 2022

A few years ago Glen busted me for invoking the "enlightened
self-interest" trope.   I think it still holds in spite of his not-wrong
point about "self is an illusion".   I think that the refugee crisis
expansion with Ukraine as the latest wave either helps us understand how
important Marcus' points are and/or confronts the stories I'm already
hearing about the Ukrainian refugees "displacing" others from less
"European" sources.