[FRIAM] Dual Field Discourse...

Steve Smith sasmyth at swcp.com
Sat Sep 10 17:40:36 EDT 2022

SG -

I put this aside to answer more better when I had more time/focus and it
sat a bit.

I just deleted a longwinded series of discursions triggered by this
topic and decided to try for "concise" and "focused" instead.

You captured my appreciation that the "dual field" treatment Pradeep and
company gave to light-field duals when you brought up the
photosynthesis/krebs duality a few years ago.   The ant algorithm's
stigmergic food/nest dual fields are another good example.  I don't know
where your invocation of trash/treasure, waste/sustenance in a food-web
is going, but I see the generalization to any kind of virtuous cycle in
a (food, metabolic, ??? web is related to the "dual field" ideas.

I hope others will  pitch in on this, I'm sure some others here have
followed you enough to engage?

-SS