[FRIAM] Automata with FFT

Steve Smith sasmyth at swcp.com
Wed Sep 28 12:20:50 EDT 2022

Glen -
> I saw a good little joke this morning, which echoes SteveS' nihilistic
> argument from convenience:
>
> https://mastodon.social/web/@AgreeableLandscape/109074621789771764
> "Why do you have a job at a private company, buy food from a chain
> grocery store, and have a smartphone from a monopolistic tech company
> if you hate #capitalism so much?"
>
> "Excuse me Mr. Cow, why are you at a factory farm if you don't want to
> get eaten?"
>
> (Obviously, it's not "Mr. Cow", but whatever.) Are we cows? Really? Or
> are we more plastic creatures who *can* undermine and retool the
> reigning forcing structures like Amazon (or "the government")?

Particularly apt given my last rant (being composed as you composed this
one?).   FWIW I don't mean it to be nihilistic but (mildly) shaming
enough that maybe more of us *will* consider that we might want to look
for alternatives to the "forcing structures" you reference...  but
smart-bois like us seem to be struggling mightily with the topic, how
would we expect Mr. Cow (or Ms. Sheeple) to get traction?  Mr.
Libertarian (or Q or Rogan or???) will surely hijack any attempts to do
so by the plebian hordes? Now I *am* being nihilistic/dystopian...
consider it a challenge, not a conversation stopper?

The Epic 2014 "Googlezon"
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUHBPuHS-7s>short video still plays
well in spite of being composed (prophetically) in 2004.   It is more
responsive maybe to EricS's point about the failed News business
(Mediascape).