[FRIAM] Automata with FFT

Steve Smith sasmyth at swcp.com
Wed Sep 28 13:01:52 EDT 2022

On 9/28/22 10:38 AM, Marcus Daniels wrote:
> Amazon is almost always easier and faster than a local business that
> have thin inventory and higher margins.  A local business is a place
> get COVID. I find I usually order hardware and equipment online from
> Home Depot because the store inventory is kept thin on purpose (like
> because it is stolen).  This is why Amazon is on top.   It is a better
> way to do business and they are really good at it.
I still buy from local businesses as much as I can *so they will be
there when I want/need them*...   I also find ordering online and
picking up at my front door exquisitely more convenient "in the moment",
whether it is Amazon or Home Depot or Autozone.  But then there are
those times when I don't want to wait a day or three for the plumbing
part that gets my bathroom back to working and it would really suck if
the (Ace) Hardware store run by the local pueblo were closed (they
closed a *lot* during COVID and during the "great resignation" we are
still in).

> Not everyone is a cow.   We are selected and self-selected into
> organizations were our personalities and abilities work.  Some are
> farmers, some are cows.   When the cows are left to wander, they get
> frustrated and call for farmers. Il Duce!

You sound a lot like John Galt!

And just to double-down on the "aphorisms":  "when you own a cow, the
cow owns you".   I think it goes for golden geese also.   And I think
maybe Mr. Putin is maybe going to get a kick in the teeth by the
golden-goose-cow he has owned now for 30? years...