[FRIAM] overshoot day

Roger Critchlow rec at elf.org
Fri Aug 4 15:30:07 EDT 2023

My sister has a fire up in the Okanogan valley this week, the Eagle Bluff
Fire, which blew north into BC.

A step-niece, who is working the fire lines in Washington state this
summer, recommends the "Watch Duty" app for tracking wildfires.

Watch Duty is the only wildfire mapping and alert app powered by real
> people giving you real-time information vetted by trained professionals,
> not robots. All other apps only rely on government alerts which can be
> hours late or flat out non-existent.
>
> Watch Duty is run by active and retired firefighters, dispatchers, first
> responders, and reporters who monitor radio scanners in your area around
> the clock to bring you up-to-the-minute life saving information.

I installed it on Sunday and it prompted me to update when I opened it a
few minutes ago.

-- rec --