[FRIAM] Nick's Categories

glen gepropella at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 16:38:39 EST 2023

Just to follow up:

Human cortical representations for reaching: mirror neurons for execution, observation, and imagery

Functional anatomy of execution, mental simulation, observation, and verb generation of actions: A meta‐analysis

Cortical activity during motor execution, motor imagery, and imagery-based online feedback
https://www.pnas.org/doi/full/10.1073/pnas.0913697107

Primary Motor and Sensory Cortex Activation during Motor Performance and Motor Imagery: A Functional Magnetic Resonance Imaging Study
https://www.jneurosci.org/content/jneuro/16/23/7688.full.pdf

It's funny. When I read such documents, I have to make a concerted effort to read words like "mental" with charity. Obviously, it has no crisp meaning. Yet everyone speaks as if it does ... kinda like reading science fiction or learning a foreign language.

--
ꙮ Mɥǝu ǝlǝdɥɐuʇs ɟᴉƃɥʇ' ʇɥǝ ƃɹɐss snɟɟǝɹs˙ ꙮ