[FRIAM] Friday AM

Frank Wimberly wimberly3 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 3 19:33:12 EST 2023

  >For people it’s somewhere in the 70-80 ...

As I approach 80 I'm not happy about this.  I read or heard that a person
over 80 has about a 0.3 probability of dying each year.  I calculated,
possibly using incorrect assumptions, that that means that the conditional
probability of living to 90 given that you've lived to 80 is 0.02.

---
Frank C. Wimberly
140 Calle Ojo Feliz,
Santa Fe, NM 87505