[FRIAM] Friday AM

Edward Angel angel at cs.unm.edu
Tue Jan 3 20:27:06 EST 2023

You can feel better: 0.7 ** 10 ~= 0.028. That's 40% better, although, it’s hard to believe that the 0.3 per year  is constant for 10 years. Or even correct.

The charts from real data seem to show the probability of an 80 year old making it to 90 is 30%.

Ed

Ed Angel

Founding Director, Art, Research, Technology and Science Laboratory (ARTS Lab)
Professor Emeritus of Computer Science, University of New Mexico

1017 Sierra Pinon
Santa Fe, NM 87501
505-984-0136 (home)		 	angel at cs.unm.edu <mailto:angel at cs.unm.edu>
505-453-4944 (cell) 				http://www.cs.unm.edu/~angel <http://www.cs.unm.edu/~angel>