[FRIAM] Deep learning training material

Pieter Steenekamp pieters at randcontrols.co.za
Sun Jan 8 01:19:07 EST 2023

Hi Russ,

Thank you so much for providing such valuable feedback. I appreciate your
thoughts and am taking them very seriously.

Regarding the choice of Python over R, I agree with your recommendation and
plan to focus solely on Python.

Your comments about the overall approach of the workshop have given me
pause to reconsider my initial plan. It is clear that the current material
does not meet the stated objective of providing a comprehensive
understanding of the principles of deep learning. Rather, it is intended to
empower participants to utilize deep learning in their daily work.

I am considering two options: either making it clear that the workshop is
not designed to cover the principles in-depth, or revising the material to
meet the stated objective. I am also open to finding a middle ground, such
as incorporating more theory while being transparent about the workshop's
goals.

I would be very interested in exploring the possibility of collaborating
with you to develop some introductory deep learning training material.
Perhaps we can continue this conversation off this platform? Please don't
hesitate to reach out to me at pieters at randcontrols.co.za.

Pieter