[FRIAM] Deep learning training material

glen gepropella at gmail.com
Sun Jan 8 04:47:33 EST 2023

Yes, the money/expertise bar is still pretty high. But TANSTAAFL still applies. And the overwhelming evidence is coming in that specific models do better than those trained up on diverse data sets, "better" meaning less prone to subtle bullsh¡t. What I find fascinating is tools like OpenAI *facilitate* trespassing. We have a wonderful bloom of non-experts claiming they understand things like "deep learning". But do they? An old internet meme is brought to mind: "Do you even Linear Algebra, bro?" >8^D

--
ꙮ Mɥǝu ǝlǝdɥɐuʇs ɟᴉƃɥʇ' ʇɥǝ ƃɹɐss snɟɟǝɹs˙ ꙮ