[FRIAM] [off topic] Bank of america problems

glen gepropella at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 15:34:15 EST 2023

I can't answer directly. But I can tell a story. A non-profit I'm involved with tried and failed to open a bank account at BofA. The bureaucratic rigmarole they put us through was intense. 2 of us officers had something like 10 different conversations with 2 bureaucrats at 2 of their locations. And their defense boiled down to a combination of "The Government" and "to protect our customers", including tangents about the Patriot Act and all sorts of nonsense. We finally went down the (metaphorical) street to US Bank and opened the account lickety split with no hassle at all.

What can you do about it? Maybe ditch BofA for a better organization. I'd recommend a (local) credit union. But a bank that gives a shit about local businesses (e.g. US Bank) would be a good alternative. If you need the ease of international banking, then maybe you're out of luck. But Trump had good success with Deutsche Bank. They seem to play fast and loose. >8^D

--
ꙮ Mɥǝu ǝlǝdɥɐuʇs ɟᴉƃɥʇ' ʇɥǝ ƃɹɐss snɟɟǝɹs˙ ꙮ