[FRIAM] Umwelten Was: Bard and Don Quixote

Steve Smith sasmyth at swcp.com
Wed May 17 17:37:02 EDT 2023

> Nice shout out to Cliff. I haven't talked to him in years (decades?).

I was on a proposal team with him about 8 years ago and he pulled out
silently near the end... I never resolved quite why but the other
members of the team who were in closer contact at the time did not
report any problem there... just circumstance?   I tell myself I should
follow up with him but I never do.   My first co-publication with him
was 1998? on Symbiotic Intelligence, the most recent (2004?) was on
visualizing the Gene Ontology, and I can't remember the topic even of
the project in 2014(ish) but it was in collaboration with NREL...

Marco Rodriguez still lives in the Pojoaque Valley who was Johan
Bollan's student who in turn was Heylighen's Student.   Marco got thrown
off all his social media accounts early during COVID I think.   I used
to run into him at Pojo Market or the Transfer Station but that has been
a decade as well.

If I were less Narrative and more Episodic I might only remember the
fact of the events, but not the order of them?

I am always curious about the episodic mode but in my own life it only
reminds me of the ultimate Alzheimer's/Dementia I expect to fade me out
of this world...  but that is very subjective I suspect... there are
probably episodic aspects of my "self" which I forget or am unaware that
I would consider more a feature than a bug.

In the fullness of time (and space?)