[FRIAM] Regulatng LLMs. (was: Bard and Don Quixote)

Russ Abbott russ.abbott at gmail.com
Tue May 16 17:33:42 EDT 2023

Steve Smith mentioned the Senate hearing about regulating LLMs. During the
hearing someone mentioned (sort of in passing) that it would make sense to
release such systems in stages: first to a small group of people, then to a
larger group, etc. That reminded me of the standard approach to drug
trials. Perhaps something like that could be implemented/required.

-- Russ Abbott
Professor Emeritus, Computer Science