[FRIAM] Sleep trackers

Alexander Rasmus alex.m.rasmus at gmail.com
Wed Mar 20 10:47:16 EDT 2024

Nick,

If you look around in google scholar you can find comparisons between smart
watches and medical devices for monitoring sleep stages, e.g.,
https://mhealth.jmir.org/2019/6/e13384?utm_campaign=JMIR_TrendMD_0&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=TrendMD

In general, you should be fairly skeptical of specifics but trends may
still be useful. The only way to establish whether it's reliable in your
case is through detailed comparison between your own observations of sleep
behavior/outcomes and the watch. This is likely to be a useful exercise
regardless. I use one, and the sleep quality number is generally fairly
good.

Jochen, I am sorry for your loss.

Best,
Alex