[FRIAM] the inequities of uniquity

Steve Smith sasmyth at swcp.com
Fri Mar 22 13:26:11 EDT 2024

Expositions and Explanations of Exemplifications

    /Apologies for the inline/included images, I tried (and failed) to
    link them from my google-docs/AI-Hallucinations folder and failed...
    I will try to work that out before loading down the remailer and
    your inboxes in the future./

I fed Guerin's GPT discussion of the  into my own instance of GPT4 and
asked it to try to generate an image representing the concepts under
discussion.  True to form (in my experience), GPT reported that DALL-E
failed at the effort based on conflicting with content policies.  When I
asked for clarification on which aspects of the prompt or content
policies were at odds, it apologized and revised it's analysis to be
essentially "too complex" so I then asked it to rephrase the discussion
to be within it's capacity.  It responded by dumbing it down a lot to
essentially hyperspherical space time.   I asked it to try to render
with the TIQM concepts included and it came up with this:

As with many of it's imaginings, I find the representations highly
notional and not particularly helpful for explanation or exposition.
The "cosmic" backdrop is somewhat specious to me, but not surprising
when I think of the imagery it was likely trained on.

I then asked it to replace TIQM with Wheeler-Feynman and it choked
again, citing over-complexity, at which point I asked for the following:

ME: let's reduce the conception to a space-time hypersphere with where
causality extends in all temporal directions, allowing for a more
holistic understanding of interactions at the quantum level. In this
framework, the concept of time is not a barrier but a connective fabric
that binds the cosmos in a complex web of cause and effect,

which then yielded the following:

I found this more interesting and relevant to my own conception but
again not particularly explanatory nor expository.   I like the
"connective fabric" gesture but feel like the idea itself was a little
specious in the first place?

At this point I thought of DaveW and asked it to convolve the former
with a conception of the Vedic "Indra's Net" which we have summarized
here before as "all contextualizes all"  which yielded the following.
I don't find the invocation of a "web of jewels" to be particularly
helpful for the most part, but can see how in the culture(s) it arose
from it was a motivated image or metaphor to work with.  I do like the
idea that the "net" itself is not necessarily the tension-compression of
physical connections but more like optical/light paths with the "nodes"
or "Jewels" being reflectors/refractors of the information
"resonating".  Again, words fail.   As do images.   Oh well.

Attempting to make this at least a little relevant to Glen's latest
point I can only re-invoke the generalization 'all contextualizes all"
which I suppose reduces to something even more trite than the new-age
renderings above?