[FRIAM] death

Marcus Daniels marcus at snoutfarm.com
Mon Oct 30 16:12:59 EDT 2017

< Our universality depends fundamentally on babies.  In order for progress to be made, the old farts, with all their outdated ideas, must die so the young turds can do things their way.  Sure, we want to keep the old farts around and exploit them as best we can.  But at some point, those fossilized thoughts need to be forgotten. >

But will this be true of AIs as well?   Assuming that this fossilization occurs, is that a human idiosyncrasy that plasticity reduces?   Perhaps it could be treated with drugs, electroshock therapy, stem cells, PTSD medication, etc.?

Marcus