[FRIAM] death

gⅼеɳ ☣ gepropella at gmail.com
Mon Oct 30 16:18:23 EDT 2017

Good question.  But I tend to think the problem is less about plasticity and more about specialization.  As we've seen, specialized (artificial) intelligence is relatively easy, compare termites to humans.  So-called general intelligence (or universal constructors) is much harder.  The distance between any old TM and a UTM seems quite large.

Whether, once specialized, an AI can generalize is an open question.  Will we *grow* general AI?  Or will we construct it from scratch to be general?

--
☣ gⅼеɳ