[FRIAM] The Problem with the Mutation-Centric View of Cancer

┣glen┫ gepropella at gmail.com
Mon Sep 4 16:13:13 EDT 2017

Yes, absolutely chemotherapy would alter (I don't know about "reset") the micro-environments.  I think this is the essence of Longo's fasting argument. https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2017/02/170216103923.htm  Since chemo is essentially a targeted poison, though, you have to wonder *which* type of poison one would take preventatively?  Non-poison therapies like stem cells or antibodies would be doubly uncertain because, at least with any poison, you'll be forcing your body to fight for life and scarce resources (ATP, sugar, ...).  Without that fighting for for life/resources, you're really just encouraging growth(s) down whatever pathways present themselves ... probably leading to *more* cancer, not less.

It seems like fasting is the purest way to trick your body into eating/curtailing its most Dionysian or even goal-oriented growth(s).

--
␦glen?