[FRIAM] Maybe a new hardware approach to deal with AI developments

Marcus Daniels marcus at snoutfarm.com
Wed Sep 20 13:08:19 EDT 2017

I think the spirit of the NY Times article, and current trends, is _not_ to reify.
Graphics processors, tensor processors, FPGAs, spiking systems, quantum annealers, etc. are by in large tackling machine learning, not engineered intelligence (class AI) or even (necessarily) supervised learning.   We are _blinded_ by what we think we know.