[FRIAM] The Last Mile, again

Gillian Densmore gil.densmore at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 10:44:31 EDT 2018

@Elon Musk  Hmm maybie. I subscribe to ScienceNow.  And get regular reeely
cool and hopeful news.
I'm a little skeptical
And I want to be proven wrong.

The ScienceNow aroticle I read reminded me a lot of the Starry, 'Starnet,
and StarLink', and Motorla's Iridium satalite stunts. Part of my skeptisism
is Musk has a thing geeking out via press confrences, and their also being
enormous issues between his brainstorming phase: and getting it into action
phase. He almost reminds me of the real life version of Doc Brown: Tesela
has had issues from word go./ His  hyperloop project keeps running into
issues and drama. On the other hand SpaceX  is starting get someplace,

On the other hand I do agree with him about needing to do something to keep
sciences moving. It looked like NASA was starting to stagnate.

On the other hand Nick you might be right. Musk tends to go for really big
ideas.  StarLink  and or something like it on paper looks hopefull for
filling the gaps and that is reeely cool