[FRIAM] the pseudoscience of evolutionary psychology?

Frank Wimberly wimberly3 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 14 18:27:17 EST 2018

This is not particularly relevant to Dave's essay but was stimulated by his
questions about physical attraction between genders.  I was puzzled while
watching the Golden Globes (for a few minutes) by the apparent conflict
between the themes of "Me Too" and "Time's Up"(?) and the very provocative
display of women's bodies.  I wonder if Jacques Lacan's insight that "Man's
desire is the desire of the other" is relevant.  In this case: women want
to be desired but not to be possessed or seduced.  Note that their bodies
are on display to who-knows-how-many strangers. A warm, affectionate
relationship with that number of men is not possible.  On the other hand,
maybe it's a question of asserting alphaness among women.  I don't presume
to know whether either speculation is the case.

Frank

----
Frank Wimberly

www.amazon.com/author/frankwimberly