[FRIAM] [integrated|emergent] self

uǝlƃ ☣ gepropella at gmail.com
Tue Jan 30 12:00:48 EST 2018

We've had some healthy melee around the concept of the self.  So, perhaps these two articles would be interesting:

  Self-evident
  https://aeon.co/essays/the-self-does-exist-and-is-amenable-to-scientific-investigation

  Are you sleepwalking now?
  https://aeon.co/essays/are-you-sleepwalking-now-what-we-know-about-mind-wandering

The former is, surprisingly, a little too reliant on philosophy for me.  The latter has a better veneer of science to it. Of course, my ignorance allows me to disagree with them both, in different particulars.  But it's always good to study one's opponents. 8^)

And, as long as I'm sending Aeon content, here's one from a familiar voice (with which I completely agree):

  Why hiring the ‘best’ people produces the least creative results
  https://aeon.co/ideas/why-hiring-the-best-people-produces-the-least-creative-results

--
☣ uǝlƃ