[FRIAM] What's so bad about Scientism?

uǝlƃ ☣ gepropella at gmail.com
Mon Jul 9 17:59:52 EDT 2018

It wouldn't surprise me in the least if Nick were even more doubting than I am, similar to how ex-smokers become the most vehement anti-smoking zealots or how militant atheists seem to have been reared steeped in some religious tradition.  Most of us "live inside our own heads".  The tendency for us to prefer *ideas* over realities has become obvious in recent years (e.g. filter bubbles).  I suppose that's the trouble with interacting mostly via text/words/concepts/ideas, with very little or no meat-space-mediated interaction.  And truly disjoint categories can only exist in the world of ideas.  Out in meat space, there is no this or that, only a colloidal stew.

--
☣ uǝlƃ