[FRIAM] What's so bad about Scientism?

Marcus Daniels marcus at snoutfarm.com
Wed Jul 11 11:59:02 EDT 2018

Glen writes:

"If some action will be required *anyway*, common to a wide array of potential actions and consequences, then do that."

Another form would be "I'm lost, so I'll follow another car."
These kinds of damage-limiting default actions (when actions are *required*) need not be paralyzing and failing to take them when forced involves some other explanation, like a malfunction or lack of awareness of the available default actions, i.e. lack of awareness of the general properties of the current environment.

Marcus