[FRIAM] Lets try this again reaching out for advice and opinions

Steven A Smith sasmyth at swcp.com
Wed Jul 11 14:50:13 EDT 2018

Glen, your anecdote joins nicely with Jaqueline's question "if this list
is dead, where will all the lurkers go?" to create an image of hundreds
of heads at hundreds of screens bobbing up and down!

This triggers for me, the famous film quote (tagline?) from the Alien 4
part trilogy: "In space, nobody can hear you scream".   I'm not a big
fan of horror, yet I happen to be (re)reading Stephen King's book on
writing aptly titled "On Writing" and of all the horrific movies out
there, Alien was the first (and approximately only) one to ever catch my
fancy.

It also triggers my contemplation/reflection on our collective
attraction to Zombie Apocalypse movies... (Night of the Living Dead,
Omega Man, et cetera, ad nauseum) and the way this might be a subtly
coded set of messages allowing us to engage in the xenophobia we
consistently (western society?) seem to return to.