[FRIAM] Net monitoring softwares

Nick Thompson nickthompson at earthlink.net
Sun Aug 18 12:54:19 EDT 2019

Hello, all,

Greetings from the mosquito infested bog.

You remember that my situation, here, in the third world (rural
Massachusetts), I have the "last mile" problem, so am dependent on a Verizon
hotspot for my data connection.  Verizon, of course, is devious, venal, and
rapacious, and every once in a while claims I have downloaded 4 gigs and
bills me accordingly, even though we never load moving images, etc.

In this connection I have been trying out Net Monitoring softwares.

Does anybody have experience with these?  I have Net Balancer loaded now,
but perhaps Net Limiter is better?  By the way, CAN I safely download
programs from Cnet or Techspot?

Net Balancer is run by some guy named Rusian in Moldova.  How much do I
trust?

The only use to which I have put it, so far, is to give me statistics on my
data use per day.  On the Day that Verizon claims I used 4 G, Net Balancer
says I used barely 400 megs, so it's "on" with Verizon.  Anybody else in
this situation?

Paranoically yours,

Nick

Nicholas S. Thompson