[FRIAM] Abduction

uǝlƃ ☣ gepropella at gmail.com
Wed Jan 2 14:04:16 EST 2019

I think this is where the misunderstanding lies.  The people who experiment with nootropics (nowadays, anyway) aren't really looking for a "peak experience".  I think the trend is toward the older shamanic use ... like my mom used to say about going to church on Sunday ... it's like a "shot in the arm".  You imagine these druggies are looking to get high.  They're not.  They're looking for alternative perspective, sometimes (as in microdosing) a more "optimal" perspective, sometimes simply a jolt out of a local optimum, etc.  Most of the experimenters I know are practically stoics in their discipline ... especially the fasters who fast because they believe they think more clearly and work more productively when fasting.

These chemicals are *medicine*.  I assume you take medicine of some kind, yet are prejudiced against other sorts of medicine.  Most of us *are* prejudicial in our choice of medicine.  The trick is to know and recognize one's prejudice.

--
☣ uǝlƃ